This policy applies to a natural person or a juristic person to whom we provide services.
Personal information which we may collect for processing includes:
- Identifying information – full names, date of birth, identity number, company, close corporation or trust registration numbers, income tax, payroll tax and VAT registration number/s.
- Contact information – email address, telephone numbers, residential, postal, and registered addresses.
Sensitive personal information which we may collect for processing, depending on the services we provide to you, includes:
- Financial information – bank statements and tax invoices.
- Employee information – income tax numbers, identity numbers, address, and contact details.
- Income tax information – including, but not limited to – IT3b Certificates, Donations Certificates, Medical Aid Certificates, IRP5 Certificates, IT3a Certificates.
A natural person under the age of 18 years old may not request our services.
PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION
We may process personal information collected from you for the purposes which you consented to upon collection. Processing refers to any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal information or on sets of personal information, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
We will process the personal information collected to fulfill our services to you.
We will not share or sell your personal information to any individual, company or membership-based accounting and taxation body to which we belong.
We may share your personal information with:
- An associate – in the case where certain services are required with additional higher qualifications; and
- Service providers – under contract to us who provide us with core operations assistance, which include but are not limited to: debt collection services, information technology/hosting services and courier services.
We are lawfully required to disclose your personal information to various government regulators, which include but are not limited to:
- SARS (South African Revenue Services);
- CIPC (Companies and Intellectual Property Commission); and
- The Department of Labour.
We may disclose your personal information to our employees where required, in order for them to fulfil their duties.
In the event of a change of ownership, merger, acquisition, or sale of assets to another entity we may assign our rights to the personal information which we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the transfer by email and place a notice on our website.
From time to time, we may access your personal information through our local hosted server while travelling outside the borders of South Africa.
Personal information will only be retained physically or electronically for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected.
DATA SUBJECT PARTICIPATION
Where a data subject requires confirmation of personal information held, this will be provided within 3 working days free of charge. Where a data subject requires a detailed description of personal information held, the description and documentation will be provided within 5 working days, at a prescribed fee. The prescribed fee will be communicated to the data subject prior to the extraction of personal information.
A data subject may request the information officer to correct or delete personal information held.
Requests from a data subject to confirm, extract, correct or delete personal information must be communicated electronically in writing.
We vow to protect your personal information as prescribed by the POPI Act. All personal information is private and attended to according to the POPI Act. We will, at all times, measure the risk of breach of the POPI Act and, at the same time, actively manage it on a daily basis.
The Accounting Room
PO Box 72149
Email : email@example.com.
Data subjects also have the right to make a complaint to the South African Information Regulator in connection with personal information issues at https://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/